Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Sister's Instincts?

Brielle is absolutely obsessed with Addison and spends about 99.2% of her day rubbing, touching, hugging, kissing, squishing, squealing at, begging to hold, and in many other ways bothering loving the baby.


This also means that I spend 99.2% of my day telling her to stop, back it up a little, let the baby sleep, let the baby eat, let the baby breathe, etc.

It is D-lightful.

 

Addison was eating and finally getting a little break from Brielle as I turned on Nick Jr. and told her that while I fed the baby, she needed to leave us alone...something I am sure I tell her at least 337 times a day (I have to tell her repeatedly...even when the baby isn't eating.)

 Her show went to commercial and she happened to hear a commercial that said, "Always trust your instincts". 

Her first question: 
"Who stinks?"

Love it!

Anyway, I explained that it wasn't someone that stinks, but the word was INSTINCT.

She - of course - asked what instinct meant.

In my best 4 year old vocabulary, I tried to explain that instinct is basically what you feel like you should do.  Or what you feel is the right thing to do. 

To further illustrate this concept to her I said, "For instance, my instincts were telling me that the baby was crying because she was hungry and needed to eat."

Without skipping a beat, Brielle said, "Well, my instincts are telling me that I need to keep bugging Addison."

Touché.

7 comments:

Emily said...

ha ha ha! LOVE IT! Too smart for her own good!

Cleverly Triple said...

LOL! What a smarty pants!

Aspen said...

Most excellent. She is definitely living up to her gene pool!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Hilarious!

Kati said...

Our girls are too smart for us. I deal with this kind of logic all day long. Who knew preschoolers were so smart?

Johnson Fam said...

Haha! I can TOTALLY relate! Ky is STILL that way with Britton! At times I love just watching the two of them giggle at one another...then there are times when she gets a little overboard and I need to tell her to back off and let the kid breathe! :)

Mike and Michelle said...

That is so cute. I do the same thing all day. Get out of Emma's face, let Emma eat, stop touching her face, stop poking her. It's so much fun!