So much to cover...so little desire to make it organized. A few of the events could probably warrant a post dedicated solely to them...however I am lazy and just need to get these memories down so that some day - when I'm feeling nostalgic - I can read back on all we did.
So, let's get this party started shall we?
So, let's get this party started shall we?
The journey from Texas to Utah was long...20 hours to be exact. Within the first 5 hours, Addison had thrown up (not to be confused with a little bit of baby spit up) 4 times, requiring 3 outfit changes for her and 1 for me. To make things even MORE exciting, Brielle then joined the band wagon and threw up in the back seat of the van...in a traffic jam...with people driving really slowly by watching Marty dry heave while holding a vomit covered child trying to get her cleaned up on the shoulder of the road. I would have helped him, however I was dealing with the vomit covered newborn on the inside of the van.
It would seem that my meager attempt at being prepared by bringing 4 grocery bags for garbage etc. was not going to cut it. We ended up with all 4 of those bags completely stuffed with vomit clothes and blankets riding in the back for the remainder of the 15 hours...leaving us ZERO bags for poopy diapers, dirty tissues, wrappers etc. And did you know that baby wipes - no matter how hard you try - will NOT get the smell of throw up out of upholstery? It was going very smoothly indeed.
We managed to go the rest of the 15 hours with minimal problems, however, and pulled safely in to the welcoming driveway of my parent's home at about 2:30 a.m. The positive to all that...Claire didn't throw up.
The first few days of the trip are a blur of visiting family members we had missed, playing with cousins, eating...a lot...and soaking in all the wonderfulness of being home for the holidays (Cheesy? Yes. But it's the truth.) I forgot to take any pictures of the first few days...and even MORE terrible, I forgot to take my camera when we visited the Davis' at all!! I still feel bad about this.
Christmas came and went FAR too fast...as always. A few highlights:
Christmas Eve pajamas by the Christmas tree
Christmas morning...the traditional "rolled out of bed" picture coming up the stairs.
3 of the 6 Granddaughter's with their purses and glasses from Grandma and Grandpa R. Participation was not on the 4th granddaughter's agenda....that's her purple shirt on the bottom left.
*****
We also had the pleasure of introducing Addison to her cousin Brooklyn (exactly 2 months older) for the first time....which also means I had the pleasure of meeting Brooklyn for the first time. What a CUTE little girl she is!
(In case you wondered, Addison's shirt says "One Tuff Army Cookie")
(In case you wondered, Addison's shirt says "One Tuff Army Cookie")
*****
We were able to bless Addison in my parent's ward on Sunday while there. We were originally planning to just do it at their house but found out the bishopric had too many conflicts, so doing it in their ward was the only option. Marty made me tear up after he finished the blessing by walking across the front of the chapel holding Addison and gently leaning down and kissing her on the forehead. Don't ask me why it got me choked up...but it did. It was so sweet.
(Addison is wearing the same blessing dress that me and my 2 sisters, Brielle, Claire and 2 other granddaughters have all worn. Such a fun tradition!)
(Addison is wearing the same blessing dress that me and my 2 sisters, Brielle, Claire and 2 other granddaughters have all worn. Such a fun tradition!)
Following the blessing, Claire fell head first off the bench hitting her head on the one in front leaving her with a LARGE goose egg on her forehead. After finding some ice in the freezer at the church, she recovered quickly and within a couple hours it was hardly noticeable.
*****
The kids were in HEAVEN with the snow.
Nothing quite like cheap labor.
Nothing quite like cheap labor.
*****
Addison turned 1 month old on our trip. It has gone fast and she is just the happiest, sweetest little baby and is actually starting to get a little chub on her.
(Pictures were actually taken in Texas...it didn't dawn on me that she was 1 month old until we were back.)
*****
And finally - a couple of my favorite outcomes of our attempted "cousins" photo shoot. I don't have any that turned out of all the cousins...because I didn't happen to capture any with my camera. But at least we tried and have those memories!
It was SO great to be in Utah with family for the holidays, I couldn't have survived this Christmas otherwise.
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip, after you all got done throwing up!
Wow, you are brave to venture a long trip like that with 3 kids...especially a new baby. Props to all of you! I would have been right there with Marty dry heaving on the side of the road. So sad, I'm glad your trip was worth all the hastle getting here! :) Let me know if you want that sling, I am going to be shipping some packages in the next day or two and I can send it to ou right away! :)
Cute pictures! I'm sorry about the throwing up and dry heaving! I can't handle throw up, so David usually has to cover it for me. I love the bottom picture. SO cute of all three girls!:)
looks like a fabulous christmas! you're right addison sure is gettin bigger already! isn't it crazy how quickly they grow and change?!
Post a Comment