We attempted to e-mail our Christmas letter out this year...but it has come to my attention that 1. Some people weren't able to open the format we had it in and 2. I don't have as many e-mail addresses as I had originally thought. SO...here is our Christmas letter for 2009.
Dear Friends and Family -
As we approach another Christmas season I can’t help but be shocked that we made it through the year! With moving, becoming pregnant, boot camp, being separated for almost 5 months, moving again - this time out of state, military training, and having a new baby, we are just glad to be alive.
Marty - Marty survived boot camp and is very proud to be an American Soldier in the Army. Even though boot camp was very difficult, he was happy to come away as a more svelte version of himself and with the same sense of humor and sarcasm that we all know and love. Yes, I was worried they might beat the fun out of him. He is currently in training to become a Biomedical Equipment Technician - BMET - and is set to graduate in the summer of 2010. He is a genius (in his own words) and has scored 100% on nearly all of his tests and assignments. It must be difficult having to be so smart. He is doing a great job of balancing spending all day with soldiers and all evening with princesses…poor guy, what a balancing act that must be! We are SO proud of how hard he is working and so grateful for all he has sacrificed to take care of our little family.
Camille - I am just happy to have this year behind us. I am currently serving as the Relief Society pianist in our little ward here in Texas - shocking, I know - and am trying to branch out of my comfort zone to make friends. I have never been more than 9 miles from home, so being 1,300 miles away is proving to be a big adjustment. I am trying to see the positive in it, like the warmer weather, and…..um….that’s about all I’ve got for now, but I will work on that list. I am trying to figure out how to be a military wife and learn all there is to know about military living. It has been a MAJOR learning curve and I’m just hoping things will begin to make more sense soon.
Brielle (4 ½) - Brielle is our little princess and doesn’t let us forget it. She loves to sing and dance and just had her first dance recital while living here. She is a little performer and loves to be up on stage showing off her skills. She was in her first primary program this year - one week after we moved to the new ward! Even though she didn’t know anybody and didn’t know what was going on, she walked right up to the microphone, said her part memorized, flashed a big smile and sat down. She is too smart for her own good and rather than be worried about the threat of a time out will ask ,“how long of a time out?” because she wants to know if it’s worth the crime or not. She is always quick to make us smile or laugh and rarely is unhappy.
Claire (2 ½) - Claire is our spunky little girl. She is full of life and energy and is always going a million miles an hour. She spends her days in her imaginative world being anything from a baby donkey to bat girl and is always able to entertain herself. Although she is spunky she is also slower to warm up to new situations. Luckily all the change we’ve had this year hasn’t seemed to be too much for her and she has FINALLY started going to nursery without a fight! With a very competitive older sister we are happy that she is a great loser. It makes us laugh when we hear Brielle yell “Yeah, I WON!” and Claire yells with as much enthusiasm, “Yeah, I LOST!” She is dynamite in a little tiny package.
Addison (3 weeks) - Addison Belle joined our family on Monday, November 30th at 8:02 a.m. weighing in at 7 lb. 3 oz. and 21 inches long. She is a wonderful, sweet baby and couldn’t be any more content with life. Somehow she manages to take all the “love” her two older sisters give her without complaining about it.
We feel the Lord’s hand in our lives and are grateful for this time of year to reflect on his life. We love you all and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!
Love -
The Davis Family
4 comments:
Way cute, I love the pic of your new baby girl. She's too precious for words!
You have such a cute family!
What a crazy year you guys have had...I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Baby Addison is adorable and I LOVE her name!
Oh my gosh that bottom picture looks like a porcelin doll! You guys have had a heck of a year, but you have handled it so well! Hope you have a happy new year too!
Post a Comment