Before I begin, I feel as though I need to clarify something...because it kind of makes me feel like I'm a huge cheater McCheater pants. (My husband in response to me using that phrase is going to say "you've been around me way too long".)
You see, my baby countdown/ticker/gadget/thingie would lead everyone to believe that I'm actually a week further along than I technically am. There is an explanation however. The countdown is to my scheduled c-section day {November 30th}. They do repeat c-sections right around 39 weeks, so really my due date is December 6th. This will be our second baby born the month before they were due...in case you were wanting to know some more random crap about us.
ANYWAY, seeing as I can't go further than that, I changed it to be that day so that I knew how long I had until the c-section. I'm actually going to be 38 weeks along tomorrow...I like to confuse people...and I like to see a shorter amount of time there, because nobody wants to be pregnant forever. Anyhow...
I began panicking the last couple of days realizing that if this little baby is to follow the example of her older two sisters, she would be making her appearance sometime between today and Tuesday.
But do not fret...I didn't have her today. In case you were wondering.
Anyway, when I realized that she could come any time now I was all - uh, I don't think I'm ready to have a baby today. I have some things I'd like to get done before the baby...which I can't think of any at this exact moment but I'm sure there is stuff that should be getting done pre-baby.
So I went to my doctor's yesterday...without my kids mind you. THAT phone call to a lady in my ward sucked. "Hey, you may not know who I am but I was told you would be someone who might be willing to help with babysitting?" Luckily she was more than nice and even though I felt DUMBER than DUMB, I was able to go to the doctor's and not have to explain to my 4 and 2 year old what the doctor was doing.
I sat there with my gorgeous pink paper-towel skirt, sweating up a storm and tapping my fingers like a mad woman while waiting for the doctor to come in, nervous about what he would say. I had things running through my mind like, "Yeah, you're at like a 2, I don't see you making it past this weekend" or "Holy cow, your water just broke, you must be rushed to the hospital ASAP!" I was unnecessarily freaking myself out for the worst.
The doctor checked me yesterday...and in his somewhat southern accent I heard "Yeah, you're close." I froze...I said, "Uh..what!?!?" He seemed surprised at my reaction and said again, "You're closed."
I breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Oh, good!" I think the nurse was shocked at that response - as I'm sure the majority of women at this point would have been disappointed at the lack of progress. But I was glad. For now I can breath knowing that unless things go freakishly fast in the next day, this baby will probably be gracious and at least wait until my mom can get here on Tuesday night.
So, to help keep me from going nuts, I have made a new goal.
My goal is to have a 9 pound baby. That's right people, I'm shooting for the stars here!
Both of my girls have been over 8 pounds (8lb. 12oz., and 8lb. 4oz.) and I figure if I get until at least Thursday then there's no way the baby won't be bigger than those, right? That's my goal...I plan on making it a reality by eating a lot of Rocky Road ice cream (a new thing since being pregnant as it's not a normal favorite).
I am getting very anxious for my mom to be here. Not only because it's been FAR too long since I've seen her (or any of you other people's back in Utah) but because it means I can go ahead and have this baby, because the side of me that has to get out of bed 4 times a night to pee and another 4 times to take Tums is DONE with being pregnant. Bring on the 2 a.m. feedings with a newborn!
6 comments:
I'm just excited that you let me put Hermoine on the name list, because when you are under the drugs I can get you to sign off on it. Hermoine Weezer Davis.
oh man...i know how rough the end is. i hope these next few days fly by for you! i can't wait to hear that she's here and see pictures! :D
I'm all for the random crap... the figurative kind. Not the literal.
Good luck, good luck!!! I hope these last few days pass by at the exact pace that you'd like them too :)
I LOVE Rocky Road ice cream!:) Good luck with everything. I was induced with both of my kids about 5 days early. Hopefully I can be with this one as well! I'm so happy your mom will be there! What would we do without our moms?:)
9 lbs? Come on if we're shooting for the stars, let's at least break the 13 lb record. Good luck with everything. It may be more work, but they're certainly more fun on the outside!
I'm glad you're hanging in there. I hope the baby waits till your mom gets there.
I know how you feel. I am done with being pregnant and I sitll have 6 weeks left...so uncomfortable! Good luck with everything! I can't wait to see your sweet baby girl!
Post a Comment