Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh the questions...


A sample in to the world of having a 4 year old, A.K.A incessant question asker:


Brielle: "Mom, why does everyone have boogers in their noses?"


At first I wasn't sure what to say, so I told her:


Me: "I don't know, we just do."


Then it dawned on me...why shouldn't I answer the question? So I went ahead full force with a much more informative answer.


Me: "Actually, I do know. We have boogers in our noses because they are sticky and help trap germs from getting all the way in to our noses so we don't get sick. It's one way our body can fight against germs."


I thought I was so brilliant that I was helping my daughter's brain expand and grow.


Brielle: "Do they not always stop the germs then, because I still get sick sometimes."


Me: "Uh......"


Brielle: "Why if we have boogers to trap our germs can we still get germs in us? I still get germs and get sick sometimes, were my boogers not sticky?"


Me: "Uh....well, no, germs can get in through your mouth also or other ways."


Brielle: "Why? I thought boogers trapped germs."


Me: "You know what, I don't know why we have boogers."


After examining an older person's nose she also wanted to know why old people have "spider webs" in their noses (nose hair).


Telling her "I don't know" used to work. But she now gets mad and says, "MOM! Just tell me the right answer!"
I hope we can all make it out of this phase with some sanity still in place.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Classic Brielle! Chan just did a post with Caden's question asking too. It makes me laugh every time. But I still think I may take questions over tantrums. What do you think?

Anjuli said...

I love hearing your cute family stories. So cute!!

Mike and Michelle said...

That's great! Having children is defiantely an education! They sure keep you on your toes!

Ali said...

spider webs in their noses... oh dear, that is hilarious!