Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring



Do you ever feel like when it rains it pours? Maybe you don't...but I sure do. Just when you think "it can't get harder or worse" you are hit with a big ol' slap in the face of harder or worse.
*
This doesn't always happen...and I am nearing 6 months pregnant so maybe I'm just an irrational/emotional mess. I'm sure Marty would probably have to go with that reasoning.
*
He keeps being like, "Don't fret so much, you're really stressing too much over these things." And I want to be all, "UH, HELLO! I'm stressing too much? I'm freaking trying to get a house all ready to move, keep two kids happy, grow a third child INSIDE my body, figure out preschool, health insurance, apartments, transportation etc. in a place I'VE NEVER BEEN!" And then he's like, "Just get here, things will be easier when you're here, it'll work out." And I actually do feel better...so maybe the irrational/emotional thing isn't that far off.
*
Anyway, I got very side tracked there.
*
The other night I got the kids to bed and was sitting down to relax. I heard a little bit of a yell/cry come from the girls room and was about to go in and check it out but it didn't continue. I figured it was some sort of bad dream or something and they were back asleep.
*
When I decided to go to bed (MUCH later than I should have) I thought I should probably check on the girls before turning in. I switched Claire over to her toddler bed a few days ago - which has gone surprisingly well - and just thought checking on her was wise.
*
I went in to their room and the light of the nightlight was just enough to kind of make out shapes. I saw Brielle laying the opposite way on her bed, and looked and could make out Claire's blanket. It looked as though she had scooted down in her bed and maybe covered herself up with the blanket.
*
I was about to leave when I thought, you know, I really can't see her head or a leg or anything...maybe I'll look a little closer. I moved a little closer to her bed and still was having a hard time seeing her. I got closer and realized the blanket was pretty flat for supposedly having a child under it.
*
I started to worry a little and moved closer. The closer I got the more I realized there wasn't a child in the bed.




WHAT?!




Where was Claire!!??


I frantically searched her bed (since toddler beds are so huge she could have been in there somewhere right?) and looked around the room. I checked on Brielle's bed, under Claire's bed, over by the closet...still nothing.

I knew I hadn't heard Claire come out of her bedroom and was really starting to worry. I flipped on their closet light to get a better view and again checked the same places I already had.

Just when my frantic-ness had just about reached it's peak I turned around towards Brielle's bed and noticed her clothes basket sitting there.

Something was different about the basket.






(Yes, once I found her I couldn't resist taking a picture)


There she was, sitting in the basket fast asleep...the funny thing is she had pulled some of the clothes up as though she thought she was pulling on a blanket.

I still have NO clue what she was doing in there. I don't know if she fell out of her bed, got disoriented and fell in to the basket and then in her tired state decided she couldn't muster up the energy to get out of the basket and gave up.

I don't know if she got out of her bed and tripped in to the basket hitting her head and knocking herself out...hey, you never know!

She was fine the next day...a little grumpy...but wouldn't you be too if you spent a good part of the night sleeping in a basket with a wooden bed post as your pillow?


I'm sorry to continue an already long post but I'm trying to do a little catch up on happenings before I go a while without internet...so bear with me here.


About a week ago (maybe longer, I really can't remember) we had a crazy hail storm here at our house. The girls were in awe at watching the little balls of ice hitting the ground. It was actually pretty big hail stones also. Once it stopped we went out to check out the hail for ourselves. Brielle couldn't believe that little balls of ice had come out of the sky!

They ran around in the rain and played for quite a while after that.

Seeing things through the eyes of a child has been one of the best things about being a parent. It's fun to remember the magic of weather again, as I remember thinking it was amazing when I was young as well.

So...now back to life and the countdown to Texas. I will not continue this post, I will save those details for another day...keep everyone in suspense (the one person who reads my blog that is).

*I discovered Blurb a while ago. I had no idea something so wonderful existed but thanks to it I uploaded my blog from 2007-2008 and have put it in to books! It's such a wonderful thing, I'd been wondering how to do that. But now because of it I find myself wanting to write more details and more often as to keep an even better record of our lives. Just an apology in advance if it seems that I am just rambling on and on about things.*

4 comments:

Ali said...

I love that you found her in the laundry basket. That is hilarious and i totally would have taken a picture too!

Blurb's great, right?! Good luck with all of the planning and preparing. It's a lot to have on your plate!

Andrea McEntire said...

I can relate to having to deal with the stresses of moving. You have to find a new apartment, electric co, internet, phone, water, bank, dentist, doctor. I feel your pain! I was actually surprised at how much stuff wasn't as urgent as I thought it was. What part of Texas are you moving to? Mike and I just moved from Galveston, Texas a few months ago. Watch out for the humidity. Random note, that first picture of Brielle is precious. She looks beautiful-just like her mom! :)

Johnson Fam said...

I have found for myself that when it rains it pours...at least for me! I know exactly how you feel! I loved seeing Claire in the laundry basket! That was too cute! You'll have to let me know more about blurb, I would love to do the same with my blog!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Claire in that basket is so funny! Kids fall asleep in the strangest places! Good luck with all the preparations for moving. You will be with your hubby again in no time!:)