*
That right there is the biggest reason for my major push to get down to Texas ASAP.
*
However now that it is fast approaching I'm starting to feel really nervous and anxious about this next leg in our life's journey.
*
More than anything we just want to be back together as a little family, all this time apart is really not a good thing. I mean I guess distance DOES make the heart grow fonder. You realize all the amazing things that you probably were taking for granted before.
*
Being back together is like the "honeymoon phase", because it's been so long you just want to do everything you possibly can to be nicer, better, kinder to each other. But besides that, it really isn't a good thing.
*
So me and the girls - and my dad, a.k.a. my chauffeur/adult conversation - are heading off for the land of Wichita Falls, Texas on Wednesday. Don't worry if you haven't heard of it...from what I understand you're not missing much (no offense if you have heard of it and happen to like it).
*
We will be splitting the L O N G trip in to three days instead of squishing it in to two as to hopefully avoid to much melting down from the children. My dad will then fly back to Utah on Saturday and then it's time for my little family to be together.
*
Marty has Saturday, Sunday AND Monday (thanks to the holiday) off that we get to just spend time with each other.
*
One of the things I'm most scared of - judge me if you must - is that I've never lived more than about 9 miles from home. That's right...never more than a quick drive to see my family. I spend all sorts of time just hanging out at my parent's house, playing with my sister, seeing family at any time I want. Where am I supposed to go just sit and spend time in Texas?? I'm sure it will be fine though as we adjust. Easy? No.
*
So, back to moving plans. The movers can't come to our home in Utah until the 15th of September...so until that we're just going to be on a long vacation living out of suitcases at some temporary housing on base. Sounds like an adventure huh? Thankfully Marty's mom volunteered (a.k.a. was bribed by her son most likely) to be here on the 15th with the movers to make sure things get handled appropriately. Then we wait until they arrive in Texas with our house.
*
Yes, we could have waited until after the 15th to head down so we arrived at the same time as our stuff. But I tell you I just don't have it in me. I can't go much longer without seeing Marty. And neither can my girls. We had planned a while back to try and go over labor day, so when we found out that the movers weren't going to be able to be scheduled that soon...I almost had a nervous breakdown. So we're going anyway.
*
So that's that. I don't know how to say goodbye to family. I think I'll just pretend that everything is normal and slip out quietly. I don't want it to be harder than it already will be.
*
We'll be without internet for a while as we get settled. So, goodbye people!
*
Hopefully I will be back in touch with the outside world sooner than later!
8 comments:
Hey girl! Congrats on moving to Texas, i am sure it will be MUCH better to be close to your husband. What a fun little adventure. Good luck with everything, the move, the drive etc. Your little girls are darling!So fun to add one to the group! love- Shaylen Nansel (Walters) Ü
Goodluck with everything! I wouldn't wait for the movers either. I would just want my family to be back together again! I hope everything goes good. And you will have family in Texas. You will have your Ward Family. They will take care of you!
Aw...good luck Camille. What an adventure you are going to have. My sister-in-law would be so jealous, she had to move here from Texas a little while ago and ever since then has been dying to get back, she loved it. Hopefully, you like it just as much, which I'm sure you will just because that's where Marty is.
Good luck! I'll be eagerly waiting for you to blog about your adventures! I'm so happy you will all be together again! Take it easy, and hopefully we will hear from you soon!
Good luck with moving and all the other adventures that may come your way! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
I think you will like the distance from family more than you know. We both come from great families, we like them and get along. However, when we moved to Texas, it forced us to rely on each other, thus bringing us closer. You can do it!
I had no idea you guys were moving, I guess that is what happens when you live millions of miles away from your family, your are the last to know everything! I totally understand your apprehensions about moving, trust me I had them big time. But I have to say that moving has been the best thing ever for our family. Sure we have missed everyone a ton these past 4 years but we have grown SO close as a our own family. We don't have anywhere to go for Holiday's, Sunday dinners, Birthdays so we have learned to enjoy everything as our own family and have really grown closer. We want to make it back to AZ soon but we really have enjoyed our time in the South. Also it took me a good 6 months to feel comfortable here and start making friends so don't go in excpecting to love it immediately, give it time. You will love it and most importantly you will be back together as a family and that will be worth it for sure! Good luck!!!
Yea! I'm so glad that you guys will be together as a family soon, that will be so nice! I know how it is being so far away from family, we did if for just one summer, so I can't imagine what it would be like to be away for a few years! Hang in there, you have your cute girls and a good hubby! I hope everything goes well with the move!
Post a Comment