I have been informed that after my tear fest of a post that I had better write something new...otherwise people were going to think I was 1. Depressed and laying in my bed crying all the time or 2. Dead.
I would hope people would assume the first before going to such drastic conclusions! But I don't know...maybe some people just don't see the better in things.
I am alive, we are surviving. The hardest would be the lack of a person to just talk to all night, vent any frustrations, tell about the random person you saw picking their nose at the grocery store etc. Also, nobody but your spouse cares as much about your children as you, so not having someone that WANTS to hear EVERY little detail about what my kids did, ate, played with, said etc. is kind of hard as well. But we're okay.
Claire did cry for daddy tonight after she took a bath. She's been EXTRA cuddly. Brielle will get teary once in a while and tell me she misses daddy. But they for the most part have the whole "out of sight, out of mind" thing going for them since they're so little.
Of course I had sobbing fits the first few days where I would run in to the bathroom and hide so my kids wouldn't freak out. But I haven't REALLY cried since Thursday...which is a big step.
Marty has been in what they call "reception" this week and I had NO idea until Tuesday night that he would still have his cell phone through the week and could call me at night! HURRAY! So basically this week he's doing all the boring stuff (getting his uniforms, glasses, paperwork etc.)
Starting Wednesday his cell phone will be taken away and we will go to snail mail communication...I don't even know if I remember HOW to write with a pen! This is going to be interesting. Does it defeat the purpose of being "pen pals" if I were to type a letter and print it out? Probably not quite as romantic....sigh...I guess I'll have to brush up on the old pen to paper. What has this world come to that I must even ASK a question about typing a letter rather than writing one. Shame on me...I take it all back. I plan to learn calligraphy and master it in the next week and write beautiful lengthy mushy letters to him that will some day be framed and put in a museum as part of my history.
Marty feels really sad that he wasn't able to be here for Mother's Day...not that I really like a lot of attention on myself. Shocking, I know, seeing as it would seem that I am a huge old "me monster" here in the internet world. I just don't want it in my face. Makes me uncomfortable. Are you starting to think I may have a few loose screws....I'm sure you're right, I'll work on it.
I guess the whole 180 degree difference in attitude between the last post and this would also add to the idea that I'm not fully there in the head. But...writing is my way of expressing, that's what I felt at that exact moment. This is what I feel at this exact moment.
Anyways, Marty kept asking if the "girls" got me anything...a.k.a. if I had gotten myself something. He was dissapointed that I didn't, so I told him maybe I would get myself a new skirt or something, mostly because none of the skirts I currently own fit...but I'm not ready to bust out the nice "mu mu" like jumper.
Hm...was that a loaded statement?
5 comments:
what an adorable family photo... it's beautiful!
best of luck with the pen pal thing... snail mail letters are incredibly romantic I think. i hope this time apart goes by fast for all of you.
am i mis-interpreting that last paragraph? you talking about a mu mu jumper...is that a hint that you're expecting? i'm weird and mis-interpret things all the time. that's nice marty has been able to call for the last little bit. you are a fantastic writer so i'm sure he will look forward to every letter he gets from you.
Ah letters...the good ol' days! I'm obsessed with getting the mail, Ry says it's a disease! :) I hope this time will go by fast for you and your sweet little girls! If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know! I would love to help if I can!
That makes me want to write a real letter. And you have to admit, getting a letter or card in the mail is waaay better than email! So I say scroll away in sappiness! Feel free to call me anytime. Whether it be to visit or just vent. I will listen to what your kids ate, and I know for sure you'll have a funny Brielle conversation to share!
Cute family picture!!! You are one strong woman and I admire your strength and courage during this hard time, but Im sure it will only make you stronger! Pen pals are always fun, its always nice to get little surprises in the mail!
Post a Comment