I thought and stewed over this "detail's" post wondering how to go about it without being too blah-zay (sound it out...it's the only way I could think of to spell that)
So I thought I would be terribly rude and try to make it seem as though you'd all been fooled by me once again and that I really was just mentioning my love of baking.
*
But then I remembered that family members read my blog and they would be like, "You? Bake? Right, nice try."
Then I remembered that little story about a boy and something about a wolf...you know, don't count your chickens before they hatch? Oh wait...I think I'm getting them confused. Is it fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on someone else? AH...I give up.
Finding out I was pregnant was a hard pill to swallow at first...much like those terrible prenatal vitamins, those are just cruel and unusual punishment to women in the fragile condition of pregnancy. I should really be a "free the women from the terrible pills, make them chewable or in liquid form" activist. I'll start working on that some other time.
*
Anyways, I am starting to feel excited about it...which honestly just happened a couple days ago. I do realize that it sounds horrible that I'm just barely feeling excited about it. Even to ME I sound horrible, which is really saying a lot because I usually think I'm pretty much awesome.
But nope, this time around I gave myself a pretty heavy lecture about how some people would give anything to have a baby and that YOU (meaning me, since I was talking to myself) have been wanting another baby since Claire was just a few months old. So you got what you've been wanting so badly...maybe you should just learn to be happy and not be so selfish about the timing and stuff.
I can be pretty hard on myself.
But then I apologized and we made up and I took myself out for a blizzard.
So back to details. When I was two weeks late I finally caved and bought TWO Dollar Tree pregnancy tests...yes, you read that right, I went and spent a whole $2 to find out if I was pregnant. Spare no cost to find out my future, that's what I always say.
After seeing the first positive result I didn't believe it. Mostly because have you seen the Dollar Tree pregnancy tests? They're like a home science experiment. You have to pee in a cup and the test has a little dropper that you fill up with pee and drip in to a certain spot on the test and then wait. How could I REALLY be sure I had conducted that highly technical experiment correctly?
So I waited until the next morning to take the second one. It was - shocker - positive again.
Luckily a few days before Marty left we were able to have our first ultrasound done when we were supposedly 9 weeks along. THANKFULLY there is just one "bun" in there...not that Marty wouldn't have been thrilled with a multiple birth situation...unless of course it was girls, or puppies.
He was hoping to even out the playing field at our house. I think his being gone at boot camp and living with like 500 boys will have him coming home singing the praises of this girly household though.
It is not that I'm not excited about a baby, it's just the timing. Not only is Marty gone but the baby is due in early December...which is when we'll be in Texas...which means I most likely won't be able to come home for Christmas because I will have just had a c-section and I will have a brand new baby. These things are making it a little harder as well.
Plus...did you know that once you have a third baby you have a "REAL family"? Or so people are telling me. Here I thought for all these years that I was a real family...but I guess I've been wrong! Now I'm nervous about what a real family is!
Whenever I've discussed going from two children to three I've just referred to it as going from man-to-man coverage to zone defense. I will let Marty handle the zone...since he's more in to the sports than I am...and I'll handle the man - or woman, whatever may be the case when we find out the gender.
So I THINK that I am about 10 1/2 or 11 weeks. You see...I know that I would be 11 1/2 weeks but at the ultrasound the baby measured about a week smaller. I'm not sure which date they'll go with because they told me that the ultrasound at this point can still be up to five days off. So I figure I'll just aim for somewhere in between and see what happens at the BIG ultrasound.
I was somewhat sick for a couple of weeks right around when Marty left and then up until a few days ago. But I am NOT complaining, because I haven't thrown up and I know people have it a lot worse than me. I'm just making light conversation...you know, like "how's the weather" type stuff.
I stopped taking a certain vitamin a few days ago though and suddenly it was like magic...I feel just fine! Well, for the most part. I still have to have little things to eat throughout the day but I can't eat too much at once. I also can't have a lot of sweet or spicy things...you know, anything with flavor...unless I want to pay the price with nausea for a while.
Which really, that blizzard I had the other day was TOTALLY worth the night of laying on the couch wondering if I was going to be re-visiting that blizzard before the night was over.
Luckily I held it together though.
So there's the details as of now. Aren't you glad you read that entire thing?! I wouldn't want you to be able to get the details in a mere paragraph or something. No, I like to drag it out and waste half of you day.
YOU'RE WELCOME!
8 comments:
Oh, the horrors of pregnancy! I'm like you, I never threw up, but I was always really queezy!
Congratulations though! I'm excited for you. :)
did you know they actually DO make a chewable prenatal vitamin. i'm a horrible pill taker and never ever took a pill (i took chilren's liquid form) up until i was pregnant w brighton...when i found out i had to take horse pills i looked into every option. the pharmacist at costco said they do have chewable but it's not worth it because the taste alone is worse than swallowing a huge pill. glad to hear your morning sickness isn't too bad (should I add 'yet' to the end of this sentence?).
I am terrified of having a "Real" family!:) Congratulations! That is so awesome! Are you going to find out what you are having? We were not going to find out with Kinley,but I caved at the ultrasound and begged her to tell me! We probably won't find out on our next one, since we already have a boy and a girl. We will see though!
Congratulations! That is very exciting. I am very happy for you. I hope you are feeling better. Being sick for weeks and weeks and days and more days is no fun!
Congrats Camille! Having three is just a party, let me tell you! Sorry, bad day today, I guess. Anyway, I can't wait to find out what you are having, another girl would be so fun, but I can see how Marty would probably appreciate a boy...just a thought.
I just found your blog and took a peek. Congrats! Good luck with everything :)
Camie (Evans) Sunderland
(camiesund@gmail.com)
Well congrates miss mom to be again :D You and Marty do make adorable kids.
Well congratulations! I actually thought you were pregnant about 9 months ago! It might not be the ideal timing, but we both know that God has a plan...hence my baby #2 and you know how great it is to have her now. Happy days for you!!!
Post a Comment