*
*
What are the odds?
*
*
*
*
*
It's just so unfortunate that it was my FIFTH folder that had all of my pictures from my belly dancing days....what a sad coincidence for you all.
*
*
*
Now that you have enjoyed that lovely morsel of beauty, it's on to something else of the random variety.
*
I tried to be a good mom today and make Valentine cookies with Brielle while Claire was taking a nap.
I burned about half of them.
*
I'm pretty sure we'll run to the store on our way to pizza night (yes, that's right, Marty's family has a designated pizza night once a week!) and buy some cookies to take. I'm sure the problem occurred when I just turned on the light in the oven to check the cookies rather than opening the oven to see. They looked quite a bit more white through the dark shadowy glass than they did once I opened the oven two minutes later. Sheesh...who allowed me to play with the oven?
*
I will still frost them and let Brielle sprinkle the dickens out of them, we just will have to take a few taste tests to see if they are worthy of being served to other people outside of our home. I'm pretty sure I'll have to eat at least half of them to make sure they REALLY are okay before making the decision. That's the price I'm going to have to pay for not taking them out at the exact moment of perfection.
*
So, maybe baking isn't my forte, but I'm super good at making things in the crock pot....I'm also super good at browsing the bakery at the store and then taking said baked goods out of the packaging and putting them on my own plate to pass off as my own.
*
*
What??
*
*
How dare I do such a thing?!
*
*
Well...I'll get over it.
5 comments:
Don't you hate it when you have to "taste" the cookies! You're so funny. We made cookies the other day too, mine actually turned out really well, but don't ask me to make a new recipe because I'll butcher that one! (and have)
Why is the oven light so deceiving!? I know EXACTLY how you feel! I've done the same thing on more than one occasion...you would think that I would have learned by now. We will be baking cookies either tomorrow or Friday, I keep putting it off. And I'm glad to hear your girls still take naps...my mother-in-law keeps telling me that Ky needs to quit, but I figure, if she will take one, I'm all for it! That just means that I have some quiet time for myself!!
mmm...pizza and cookies - that's my kind of dinner!!! Hope you guys are doing well!
Those cookies look really yummy either way! I heard about pizza night from Marty's mom on Sunday. She stopped by Bryan's parents house and I asked if you guys were ever up on Sundays and she told me about pizza night. How fun! Pizza sounds really good right now. Hmmm,can you tell I'm pregnant? :)
That picture brought back a lot of memories! I attempted to do that same thing one time, pull like the first picture out of the fourth folder, but it ended up not working because I have almost NO pictures on my desktop. :)
Good work on the cookies, or nice try I should say. I told Dave we should try to make valentine's cookies and he wasn't that excited, so at least you had a willing participant! Way to go Super Mom!
Post a Comment