I don't know if it's been established on this here blog or not, but Addison doesn't particularly love her curly hair and asks me - constantly - to do her hair straight. We've had many talks about, "But you and me are the only ones with curly hair, I love having a hair twin!" and "People wish they had curly hair like you! You are always getting stopped everywhere we go so people can tell you how pretty your hair is!" or "Heavenly Father doesn't make mistakes. He wanted you to have curly hair."
Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
And apparently, after telling her primary teacher MULTIPLE times about not liking her curly hair, he finally said, "Well, maybe in Heaven your hair will be straight." GENIUS!! That kept her content for a while, but now we're back to complaining about curly hair.
Anyway, this is just to establish that on the rare occasion (maybe once a month) that I do give in and straighten her hair, she is absolutely beyond thrilled.
Yesterday was a straight hair day...and she did not disappoint with her hilarious commentary:
"Mom! Me and Heidi are totally twinners now! We both have long straight hair, and blonde streaks. We're twins!"
(Heidi = Heidi Klum...the super model and judge on America's Got Talent. Addison watches AGT with us and is apparently on a first name basis now with Heidi.)
When she leaned over, she noticed her hair fell in front of her face...curly hair doesn't do that so much. So she kept standing up, and then bending down to flip her head upside down over and over.
"Mom! When I go upside down like this, my hair sticks straight down and it looks so cool! WATCH THIS MOM!"
Not sure how she didn't get light headed and pass out.
After spinning around, her bangs kind of landed in front of her eye:
Addison: Mom! Do you see how my hair is like this?
Me: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Addison: It reminds me of this show I saw about a girl that was spinning around and her hair went in front of her face like this, and her hair was supposed to be curly but she got it straight that day...and her name was Addison. It's called World of Bizzerly.
Me: [laughing] Uh...OK.
Addison: What?! It's a real show mom! I watch it every day in my mind.....and it's about ME!
I think I need to do her hair straight here and there when I'm having a bad day, because it always ends up being quite entertaining.

No comments:
Post a Comment