Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to School 2013

SO...today was the big day.  Brielle and Claire started school!  They were both very excited, and a little nervous.  Mainly they were nervous about getting on the bus, but we talked a lot about it and they felt better by today.

I have to give a HUGE thank you to Marty for getting the girls up, ready (I did manage to do their hair), fed them breakfast, made their lunches, packed their backpacks, took pictures and walked them to the bus stop. I unfortunately had a major kidney stone problem (CT scan showed a 2 mm one trying to pass) and was in the ER this morning from 3:30 a.m. to about 5:45 a.m.  and got about 15 minutes of sleep last night.

But this post is about my cute, big girls.  I am so proud of them!  They are smart, kind, friendly, obedient...a teacher's DREAM student.  They will do so well in school, and will blossom more and more.  I can't wait to hear all about their day when they get home!

Here are my BEAUTIFUL girls on their first day of school!
I wrote "I [LOVE] U" on their hands so if they got nervous they could look at it and know I was thinking about them.
Claire's sassy pose
First Grade!
Third Grade!
Walking to the bus stop
Laying out backpacks to make a line for getting on the bus
Dancing around before the bus got there
And they're off!

It's such a joy being these girl's parents!

No comments: