Saturday, May 4, 2013

Our first home!

So...I'd been putting off making this blog post until we had actually signed on the dotted line.  But I couldn't wait any longer!  

We were given our clear to close and are buying our first house...closing on Tuesday!  WOO HOO!

I was informed by a lovely person (you know who you are) that I hadn't put any pictures on the blog of this new and exciting development in our lives, but that I had shared a picture on Facebook...which they don't check...so they've had to hear from other people "Did you see the picture Camille put on Facebook?"...and they haven't.

This post is for you! (You know who you are.)  And because I am such a generous person, I am not only sharing the one picture I had put on Facebook, but I am showing you MULTIPLE pictures...you're welcome!  These are all pictures that were on the real estate website for the listing.

Front of home
Big long driveway with hedges and trees.  When those trees are leafy again, it will be so shady, making the PERFECT place for the kids to ride around on their scooters and bikes away from the road.  Way at the end where you can see a car is the cul-de-sac that the driveway feeds in to.  The house is on what's called a "flag lot", so we have a huge long driveway (flag pole) and the house sits behind the other houses in the cul-de-sac (the flag).  Makes it super private and the kids will never encounter traffic while on their scooters and bikes. 
Coming up the driveway, you first see the garage.  Around the right of the garage is the front door/porch
Front door, little patio on the side.
Side patio with cieling fans 
Walking path that goes along the side of the house and leads to a great park.  It also hooks into 13 miles of walking trails throughout St. George.  (You can see the corner of the house on the right there)
Living room - front door is on the left with the little window.  Coat closet in front, and the archway leads to the rest of the house. 
Living room
Looking back at the living room and front door from the archway
Family room/great room.  This is right as you go through the archway.  The french doors on the far right lead to the side patio, the door behind the couch is the master bedroom. 
Family room
Kitchen

The first door with the black sign above it leads to a bedroom, the door next to it is the second bathroom
Laundry room/storage closet, this leads to the garage
Little bedroom

Second bathroom


Big bedroom
Master bedroom

Master bathroom



And there you have it!  We have major plans for turning it into our home.  Lots of painting, adding board and batten, changing knobs on cupboards, decorating, landscaping etc.  So those posts will eventually come with the before and after pictures as we get settled.

We are SO excited!!  This was a long time coming, and we are thrilled to be moving forward on this exciting path.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the pictures of you house.
I know that you will really enjoy it.
You know who I am.