Saturday, November 12, 2011

This Camel is Broken


It finally happened.


Today, the final straw was thrown upon my back and I am officially a broken camel.


Without reliving all the ridiculous details and angering facts, there was a situation where HORRIBLE communication coupled with a bit of taking advantage of my willingness to help turned into a very difficult/stressful morning for me, my kids and my parents, unbeknownst to the straw holder...although I really wanted to punch them and yell at them.  But I refrained.

I would say throughout all this nearly 4 months away from Marty, single parenting my 3 kids, bunking in my parent's basement, being 8 months pregnant, having 2 church callings, and my part time job at home that I have been able to (for the most part) maintain a pretty solid attitude.  I have not necessarily been nice and happy the whole time, but I have pushed forward every day doing what I have to without too much complaining (except to Marty).

And you know what?

I'm done.

So, if I'm mean, snappy, rude, cry or refuse to do anything anybody asks me, just understand that the load was pushed beyond capacity today and I have no desire to lighten it.  I'm going to go ahead and stay mad and broken for now.

And I'm going to eat a lot of chocolate while I'm at it.

3 comments:

Parrish Family said...

I'm not going to lie, I am a little curious about the details of what happened. ;)

I think its okay to be upset. What you have been doing requires a lot of strength and energy!! I can't imagine doing things on my own for 4 months, you are one tough woman!!

And if chocolate didn't take care of it, try some ice cream, that always helps me!!! :)

Camille said...

If I wasn't worried that the person could possibly get word back to them about this, I would have totally posted the details. :)

And yes...ice cream is right up there with the chocolate, maybe even combined!

Erica said...

I'm sending stranger-hugs and happy thoughts your way.