So, you know Claire, that crazy red-headed 3 (almost 4) year old we have living in our house that always has very important things to say?
Well she is here to help all those people that are pregnant in the world with naming their babies.
After pondering the complexities of life - as she often does - she had some questions regarding the name of one of her boy cousins.
"Why did *Bob and Sally choose to name their boy *Bobbie when they could have named him something better, like Marty? Was it the only boy name they knew?"
(*Names have been changed to protect the innocent.)
I explained to her that Bobbie was named after some family members.
Claire's response: "Well...I still like the name Marty, because it's the best name in the whole world for a boy! That or dad, but you can't name a baby 'dad'. That's the PROBLEM!"
And she's right, that IS the problem. It would sure save a lot of confusion if we just named babies "mom" and "dad" so that kids didn't have to first learn those and THEN learn their parents had OTHER names that OTHER people call them, and then have to figure out why THEY can't call their parent's by the OTHER names. Do you get my drift?
But since that isn't happening, I got Claire to give us a list to help with naming babies since "dad" and "mom" aren't options.
Bad names for boys:
Pinkalicious
Rapunzel
Bubble Puppy
Juice Box
Booger
Kitchen
Felicia
Unicorn
Camille
Good names for boys:
Marty
Dad (even though you can't name a baby dad)
Reagan
Erik
Bouncy Ball
Bad names for girls:
Marty
Ken
Acorn
Bad Guy
Archen
Scooter Ike
Capen
Gomen
Plate
Cookie
Shirt
Good names for girls:
Madi
Ashley
Princess
Shanna
Rapunzel
Princess Peacock Princess
Great Style Girl
Dance
Lady Gaga
Felicia
Musical Unicorn
Taylor Swift
Barbie
Hannah Montana
Isn't she thoughtful to make it all so simple?
You're Welcome!
7 comments:
Yep she has just solved what could have been a potential problem. If I ever have a boy I think I will go with Bouncy Ball.
Too think I was gonna name my baby Paige, I should change it to Lady Gaga! Ha ha. Seriously, Claire is so cute!!!
Your little girl is adorable, and those were some GREAT names. She really has thought it all out.
Ha ha! This would have been really helpful about 2 weeks ago. Cassie's only suggestion for our baby boy's name was Cherry Pie. Hm.
Ba ha ha ha ha! She is seriously hilarious!! :D
That is awesome! She is so creative!
I can't stop giggling every time I see that picture of her with her crazy facial expression and "shaving cream"? all over her hands!!
Post a Comment