In case you haven't noticed, or I haven't made it blatantly obvious, we have moved to Washington.
Say what?
I know, it snuck up on you, it was like we secretly moved in the night without warning.
When we pulled in to the driveway of our new home, I instantly felt depressed. Not what I had expected to feel. I thought I would be excited. But nope, there was a dead as dead can be yellow brittle lawn and an empty flower bed staring at me. With the lack of rain the state has had lately and no sprinkler systems (why would they normally need it?) it left things looking a bit bare.
I then thought to myself: no, this will just not do.
It was apparent that one of my first orders of business would have to be beautifying the entrance to the home. I wouldn't want people knowing that underneath all my perfectness I am not actually perfect.
So me and my little green thumb apprentice, Brielle (me being the real green thumb in this house...I mean I used to be in charge of cutting the dead flower heads off the daisy's at my mom's house. Hello?? That means I'm an expert in all things green) went to pick out a few flowers/plants to begin the beautification project.
Here is the "before".
(Kind of...I remembered a little into our working that I should be taking pictures, so that when my garden rivals the Garden of Eden, I can look back at its humble beginnings.)
A little during (while we were mastering the beautification project, Claire was mastering her new mix for a mud spa facial.)
And finally...the after. (Prepare to ooh and ah all over these pictures.)
Do you see a face staring back at you??
Plus, Brielle got to choose flowers for her own special pot (really it's MY pot, but I was generous and told her she could use it. I'm super awesome like that.)
Next on our list of beautification is bringing our lawn back to life. I'm hoping if I just leave the sprinkler on it 24/7 for the next week or two it will be green and lush in no time.
See? I'm a freaking GENIUS at gardening.
3 comments:
Pretty flowers! Don't you hate it when you move to a new house and the lawn is basically dead? That happened to us when we moved here. Darn people. :)
I'm impressed with your promptness in doing that! We've lived here 3 months and our yard looks horrible! Way to go!
Beautiful! It's amazing what a few flowers can do. Good luck bringing the grass back from the dead!
Post a Comment