Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One Proud Mommy!

I am a very proud mommy at this moment.

On a whim I decided to get out my beginning piano books from my piano teaching days and test it out on Brielle.  I have to say I was very impressed and surprised at how well she took to it!  I'm sure she is far more talented than any of my beginning piano students from before.  (And as her mother I wouldn't say otherwise).  She LOVES to practice and plays for nearly an hour a day total some days. 

"Show me more, show me more!" she keeps saying. 


I always hoped at least one of my children would have a love for piano like I do.  And while it's FAR too early to tell if she'll have a love of it like myself (heck, she could hate it tomorrow) at least for now she thinks it's pretty awesome.


Look at how proud she is of herself for successfully playing Mary Had a Little Lamb!

My heart is smiling! 
(Which bothers my husband...because - as he says - hearts aren't capable of such things.)

And for the grandparents who would at least pretend to be interested and listen to her if we were in Utah...a video of her playing a song. (NOT Mary Had a Little Lamb...in case you wonder why it sounds nohing like that.)

2 comments:

Cleverly Triple said...

wow that's awesome!

Andrea McEntire said...

How cool! Looks like she inherited some of your crazy talent. You rocked it in madrigals all the time.